Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Criminal Acts Against: SUSHI

+



= WRONGTOWN


Recently I have moved work premises. It’s in the far
West of Melbourne. There’s not a lot out here. The closest shopping precinct is a little scary and in a totally woosey way I don’t really want to go there by myself again. EVER. For example, last time I was there, there was a man in a parachute material tracksuit hitting his head up against the pay phone. He was also muttering stuff. Creepy.

There is a shopping centre nearby, which is also scary, but mainly because there are many women/barely teenagers mothers with screaming kids. Not really my scene.

Anyway… every now and then I have to go to the supermarket for supplies for the lab. It may worry you to know that I have been to the food court there on occasion when my purchasing of goods is complete.

There is something that worries me immensely every time I visit this food court.

TWO OUT OF THE FOUR EATERIES SELL DEEP FRIED SUSHI!

Let me reiterate: DEEP FRIED SUSHI!

Does this strike everyone as incredibly wrong? One can only imagine how it came about.

“Hey Shaz, this sushi stuff looks healthy and not golden brown. It doesn’t feel right.”

“You’re right Merle. People won’t know what to do with it. Hang on! I’ve got and idea…”

I’ve tried to find pictures of it so you could all look upon it with contempt, alas there are none. I’m taking this as a positive as I hope this disease is confined to this one food court. Alternatively I was thinking of purchasing a FRIED SUSHI for myself to take a photo, but I couldn’t bring myself to commit that crime. You’ll just have to put your trust in me and believe that it does exist. Fear not! As I plan to stamp out this injustice, so the world can carry on unharmed by this heinous act!*




*I am totally not overreacting here

16 Comments:

Anonymous Russell Allen said...

Kinda like Tempura but not at all. Reminds of the beautiful Scottish with their deep fried fetish...Mars Bars are the top seller followed closely by Cheesecake. Medic!!

1:27 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

i'll say it again...

WRONGTOWN!

1:38 pm  
Blogger Tuppence said...

Deep fried sushi? That's disgusting!

It kinda reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Moe lowers a tray of food, complete with wine bottle and candles, into a deep-fryer.

2:40 pm  
Blogger la nadine said...

can you supersize it?

2:54 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

i'd lay money on there being a 'meal deal' nads. chips and a 500mL coke.

my gawdt! it sounds better all the time.

tuppence - the simpsons are so on top of this shizz

3:13 pm  
Blogger Ukulele said...

Yellow sushi? I think I've now heard it all.

But I did have the most amazing food ever the other day at Teppanzan which was Japanese Pizza. Almost as good as the ducking.

P.S. Missed ya

10:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you think i would just dissapear?
i spose you'd 'deep fry' "her" as well
remember "her" i won't mention names but you know what i mean

i can't believe you'd just walk away from all this

and what's with your stupid obsession with your hair
GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

got something to say then say it to me directly!!
moli7674 at hotmail.com

8:59 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

wha?

8:43 am  
Blogger Ukulele said...

Darling, did you just get cyber slagged?

Who on earth would do such a thing?

11:18 am  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

i think someone slagged me, but i don't know who "her" is and i don't know why this person thinks i'm obsessed with my hair. i don't even brush!

rest assured moli7674 i would not deep fry "her", whoever she may be

4:36 pm  
Blogger ...mj said...

"Hey, we've got this wonderful raw fish in this rice roll, what can we do to ruin it? I know: let's cook it!"

5:44 pm  
Blogger The Dentonista said...

DUDE Take my image off your site! You are totally jacking my statistics!

2:50 am  
Blogger fluffy said...

DUDE! LIKE TOTALLY! OMG LOL ETC!

1:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been finding almost all of my city eastside new restaurant sushi upper york here

5:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of wrongtown there is also the chav delicasy known as the deep friend mars bar.

That would make a nice dessert after your sushi.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Jordans Nike said...

Cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes, nike free, cheap nike shoes, cheap jordan, cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes for sale, ugg, ugg australia, air jordan shoes, Bags Louis Vuitton, Cheap LV Handbags, Discount LV Handbags, cheap jordan shoes, Cheap Nike jordan shoes, cheap nike jordan shoes, uggs outlet, cheap nike free, discount nike jordans, jordan shoes for cheap, wholesale jordan shoes, ugg soldes, cheap nike free run, cheap jordans, Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags, ugg pas cher, ugg boots, cheap nike air max, Discount Louis Vuitton, uggs on sale

3:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home