Friday, April 01, 2005

Month Of Birthday!


My youngest sister, Tutse’s*, birthday is in February. Mine is in April. Usually on the night of Tutse’s birthday (around present time), I bring up the fact that my birthday is next.

This is a tradition. My announcement of the upcoming celebration is so expected that my Ultra Cool Mum actually beat me to the punch this year:

*Snickering* “So, I guess Sugar that it’s your turn next.”

*A look of “She finally understands” on Sugar’s face* “I know Mum, I’ve been thinking about that.”

*Snickers from rest of table*

For as long as I can remember my Birthday has always been the pinnacle of my year. As a child I would meticulously plan my birthday party. I’d pick out themed invitations, choose my cake, schedule the latest, hippest games, make sure there was the right food for the occasion. I was so good at this I was also in charge of both my sisters’ parties.

As time went by and the years past, I became a woman. A woman who loves to PARTY! Omg, I’m so embarrassed I wrote that. Sufficed to say, I still make sure I always have some sort of hyped up bash. I'm pretty sure this year will involve drinking beer. or smthin smthin.

Anywaaay, point is I’ve programmed myself from an early age to love, love, love my birthday. So much so that this year I’ve decided it’s the Month Of Birthday!

And it starts today!

This really means nothing more than I get to talk about it all the time and make excuses, such as:

[Insert friend]: Don’t you think it’s your turn to pay for dinner Sugar?
Sugar: I would [insert friend], but it’s my Month Of Birthday!

Mum: Sugar, how come you’ve directed all you’re bill’s for April here?
Sugar: Because it’s Month Of Birthday! and I’m taking bill paying off!

Sugar: Gee, my feet are tired after my busy day at the office.
Handsome Man: You know what? I’m going to massage them for you because…
Together: Month Of Birthday!

You see how great this is? I’m totally NOT going to get sick of this. ever.

Feel free to praise me as much as you like for the next 30 days.



*Tutse is what I call her. She has a regular name too.

6 Comments:

Blogger fluffy said...

well you can get ready for me to buy you a beer because it's your...

MONTH OF BIRTHDAY!

seriously. it's going to be warm tomorrow. must keep the fluids up.

also...

*sneaks in a food tech question*

i want to know more about about tofu and phytoestrogens.

9:08 pm  
Blogger Ukulele said...

When is the celebration specifically, other then the whole month of national partying?

8:53 am  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

21st

keep the 22nd free for some fun and action

10:55 am  
Blogger ms fits said...

Does the Month of Birthday involve lax posting as well then hmm? x

12:53 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

if it please me.

3:31 pm  
Blogger Jordans Nike said...

Cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes, nike free, cheap nike shoes, cheap jordan, cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes for sale, ugg, ugg australia, air jordan shoes, Bags Louis Vuitton, Cheap LV Handbags, Discount LV Handbags, cheap jordan shoes, Cheap Nike jordan shoes, cheap nike jordan shoes, uggs outlet, cheap nike free, discount nike jordans, jordan shoes for cheap, wholesale jordan shoes, ugg soldes, cheap nike free run, cheap jordans, Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags, ugg pas cher, ugg boots, cheap nike air max, Discount Louis Vuitton, uggs on sale

3:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home