Friday, February 18, 2005

I like you a Latte



Two cups of tea or one cup of coffee per day
Two cigarettes per day
No alcohol
No drugs
No fried foods
Move your ass

These are the rules that govern my life for the next month.

I’m happy about it. And every time someone pooh-poohs it or scoffs I feel a little glimmer of “hee hee, another one I can prove wrong”. Believe you me there are a good deal of scoffer’s out there. Even my mum scoffed.

It’s been two days now. The only thing I’m really missing is my caffeine. The problem is this:

do I have a cup of tea in the morning, knowing I can have another in the afternoon, or do I put all my eggs into one basket and have a glorious cup of coffee?

I’ve been doing the two tea’s a day thang. I love tea. It’s good for you, what with all the anti-oxidants.

*cue annoying kid* “aunty who?”

*laughing at idiot kid* “Nooo, anti-oxidants. They absorb free-radicals which attack cells in the body. Thus reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease (amongst other things).”

But I LOVE coffee. It tastes like smooth awesomeness, sweet milkiness clashing with the bitter coffee beans. ARGH! Why am I talking about this?

Tomorrow I’m going to the place that has the BEST COFFEE EVER (yeah, I’m not telling you about that one either). I’m going to lovingly sip that dense liquid through the stiff foam, savouring every millilitre that passes through my lips.

Oh God. Is it tomorrow yet?

9 Comments:

Blogger Ukulele said...

Since when has coffee become bad for you?

10:43 am  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

since never!

just trying to cut back a little on the caffiene, i work best with boundaries, so a limit is necessary.

12:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think reading about your uncomfortable but self imposed predicament is quite amusing, it makes me glad that I am not addicted to anything....
("pff, yeah, right")
Hang in there silver lining

xx cadbury

4:52 pm  
Blogger fluffy said...

cadbury! i am addicted to you. but i'm not quitting because you have a glass and a half of full cream dairy milk in every 200g block.

Coffee place! Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine. Hint hint: it's next door door to the club club.

9:58 pm  
Blogger Dr Henrik Ziegler said...

hmm..

how many carbs are there in a cup of coffee? :)

And surely you can have one really really really strong coffee if you wanted to use a loophole -- I would have figured perhaps in your line of work you'd have something more precise, like specific amounts of coffee involved... ;)

As for myself I'm finishing a ridiculously huge work contract by hitting the other end of the scale with a heinous quantity of Vs and no sleep, occasionally ducking out to get unhealthy fried food because I don't have time to cook properly. While attempting to recover from the flu.

I M smrt.

2:45 am  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

you'll all be pleased to know, my off-sider and i have overhauled the one coffee rule during the weekends.

got so high on caffine yesterday.

also my sister had her birthday dinner at the secret duck place. ooooh sweeeet.

8:34 am  
Blogger Yankee said...

Serious java craving after reading your post............

10:02 am  
Blogger Simon said...

I've just found your blog about coffeeforless whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about coffeeforless. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about coffeeforless. I've just started my own blog about coffeeforless if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.

3:08 am  
Blogger Jordans Nike said...

Cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes, nike free, cheap nike shoes, cheap jordan, cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes for sale, ugg, ugg australia, air jordan shoes, Bags Louis Vuitton, Cheap LV Handbags, Discount LV Handbags, cheap jordan shoes, Cheap Nike jordan shoes, cheap nike jordan shoes, uggs outlet, cheap nike free, discount nike jordans, jordan shoes for cheap, wholesale jordan shoes, ugg soldes, cheap nike free run, cheap jordans, Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags, ugg pas cher, ugg boots, cheap nike air max, Discount Louis Vuitton, uggs on sale

3:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home