Monday, February 14, 2005

Bah Lovebug!

Can we get rid of Valentines Day… please?

It’s so stupid.

No… I’m not saying that because I’m single. Yes… I’m fine with being single. Now that we’ve established that can we move on?

Amazingly I do quite well on the Valentines front. I won’t go into detail, because I’m not into sharing that unless you’re gazing deep into my Hazel eyes. Let’s just say that it appears Cupid’s arrow only works for 24 hours at best. Whatevs.

I did wake up with a boy this morning! But that’s a long and involved story, which doesn’t end in Valentine gushing. And has more to do with the electricity at my new pad not being on until today.

So what’s my problem with this ‘season’?

It’s the constant asking of “so do you have a Valentine?” To which I smile and politely reply “No.” It’s the following responses that kill me “Oh, I can’t believe that”, “well, what’s wrong with all those guys?” “… just when you least expect it.”

Wah. Wah. Wah.

Yes. Ok, I get it. It will happen. But for the moment it hasn’t, that’s fine. But stop reminding me that it’ll happen when I least expect it. Because as you say that, I start to expect it. Then you have to stop expecting it. And then you go mental.

So Valentines Day my one true love Johnny and I have one message for you…


3 Comments:

Blogger kranki said...

Check out my blog today. I am with you sister. Did you change your background color or template? I like it.

9:51 pm  
Blogger Dr Henrik Ziegler said...

Valentine's Day™ fits into the same book as Halloween™, Thanksgiving™, and all those other irrelevant corporate "holidays"* - Christmas(™ & © 1932 Coca Cola) sort of included for that matter, though there's the whole get-hammered-with-family thing; t'ain't all bad.

I got a pseudo-valentine SMS today, possibly approached with caution because they know my rampantly cynical opinion of such things..

But it's not wall-to-wall cynicism, gestures of the sort are all well and good.. but ffs, on a day OTHER THAN the one dictated by the big fat Hallmarkegemony, people.

The whole point is that romantic gestures shouldn't be expected on a specific day - the whole 'when you least expect it' thing is the very point. And everybody 'expects it' on the 14th of Feb. Which takes the mystery out of it and turns the whole shebang into some drive-thru fast-food speak-your-order-clearly-into-the-microphone-and-move-on-to-the-window-with-exact-change thing instead of something actually worthwhile and interesting.


* where you pay attention to that rarely-noticed footnote in the dictionary that gives an additional meaning of 'holiday' as "reason to cajole people into buying pointless crap that doesn't really mean a hell of a lot for the sake of nought else but conformity"

11:33 pm  
Blogger Jordans Nike said...

Cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes, nike free, cheap nike shoes, cheap jordan, cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes for sale, ugg, ugg australia, air jordan shoes, Bags Louis Vuitton, Cheap LV Handbags, Discount LV Handbags, cheap jordan shoes, Cheap Nike jordan shoes, cheap nike jordan shoes, uggs outlet, cheap nike free, discount nike jordans, jordan shoes for cheap, wholesale jordan shoes, ugg soldes, cheap nike free run, cheap jordans, Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags, ugg pas cher, ugg boots, cheap nike air max, Discount Louis Vuitton, uggs on sale

3:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home