Friday, December 17, 2004

Book Book Quack Quack (and then some beer)

The great adventures of sugar and spice for Thursday, 16th of December, 2004.

Scene 1: Nerdathon
5pm. out. the. door.

There’s no stopping a gal who’s got to get to a nerdfest at book central. Especially when at this meeting of poindexters there’s a funny-man-with-a-cd-made-wit-da-lurve (fully sick), a slick when-you-leave-my-party-you-get-a-doobie dewd (he also tells bad jokes), a hot omg-i-totally-know-you’re-new-boyfriend chick, a when-i-arrive-i-do-so-in-packs-of-sexy-mama’s hotness, a flower-giving-and-“who’s-the-cutest-boy-ever”-(me!) delight, and a cinderella-who-had-to-leave-and-took-my-heart-with-her babe. Plus so many more of the coolest dweebs (ever) that it hurts.

*group hug* (I said group, not grope Sheriff)

It is like so totally cool that while we could all totally be like this


or be here

(heh. that guy totally looks like a blogger. wait... booky is that you?)

but we're not and the radness is all around. Word.


Scene 2: Duck me (yes… again)
Like I don’t know if you’se know but I totally dig on duck. So when Glenn asked me to join him at the Old Kingdom (tcha) for his Christmas Duck Work Dinner I was like: “Ah. Yah. For shizel.”

I finally met the infamous co-workers and charmed the pants off-a-them. It was the least I could do for the 3 Peking ducks! And the wine. And the squid. We laughed. We ate. We swapped good restaurants. Ian told me I could be a hand model. Ah-some.

If I had have died after that meal I would have died with a smile on my dial.

Scene 3: Beer flowing through my veins
But I didn’t die. I went to The Corner instead. Yay! Glenn and I beered. Yay! Then we meet friends. Yay! Then Jack told us about he has been in the last 2 shows that The Boosh have put on at the Comedy Festival and Sarah and I gushed. Then to fully watch our jaws drop he brought down props from the show. Yay! My lovely Benny kept buying jugs. Yay! Then we went home and had Booky’s parting gift. Yay!

Now my head is sore. But it’s OK because Kimmy at the front desk gave me a candy cane and I’m happy. I heart the festive season.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sherriff said...

too hungover to grope...hehehehe

2:19 pm  
Blogger Lee Lee said...

Will you gush more if I tell you that I know Noel Fielding?

3:52 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

*gush*

you KNOW noel fielding. omg. really let's get married. no really. noel can perform the ceremony.

3:57 pm  
Blogger Lee Lee said...

It is possible that the Ace o’ Spades f can do this and would probably enjoy it also. He may wear a kimono and one fingerless glove to the ceremony but it would take a telephone call to Hackney to find out.

4:21 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

ow sweet! yes, let's call Hackney. Hooray! Can we make it an autumn wedding?

4:38 pm  
Blogger Lee Lee said...

He wont be back at Comedy Fest for a while me assumes so I doubt Autumn would work for His Girliness. He has Melbourne stalkers. For real. No shit. Obsessors. Scared him out of this fair city for 2 long years. His girly hair has power over ladies. Can you tell I’m still drunk? Text ya on the weekend. XX

5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home