Monday, November 22, 2004

R.U.SAVD

What images are conjured up when you see this driving around the streets?



Let me impress on you further with saying the driver was wearing a “Tradies” type flouro yellow t-shirt, had a handle bar moustache and wrap around black glasses.

Ok, so we’ve got a mental picture right? Right. Yeah, Yobo. So I glance at the back of the ute and notice many garish stickers on the back. “Great, I love reading redneck quotes,” thinks I, “they’re so catchy.” For example:



… but wait a sec… what the fuck? That’s not… omg! Jesus stickers. That’s right plural. 5, count ‘em, five Jesus stickers, with clever phrases. Ha!

Dis is dem:
Salvation – the only thing that’s really free
You can discount that. I guess salvation really is free

Life’s Short – Pray Hard
See what they did here? Used a pre-existing slogan and religioused it up. Clever.

Jesus, here for Melbourne
I think I speak for all Melbournites here when I say, “Phew” I’m glad he didn’t stray into Sydney. He must like The Rock.

I’ve got Jesus on my side
OK, I'm confused. So is Jesus here for you… or Melbourne? I thought he was supposed to love us all equal like. Shows what lil’ ol’ non-religious me knows.

*

I hurriedly wrote all these down in my diary (*sob*, which I lost at Cherry on Friday night *sob*, my life is worth nothing now *sigh*), in peak hour Friday night traffic. And just when I thought I’d lost him, or dreamt it, I glanced in my rear-view mirror, only to notice the number plate:

R.U.SAVD

Brilliant.

Disclaimer: I have no problem with whatever religion you follow. I just think the juxtaposition is stunning (don’t you love how I just wrote juxtaposition - and I'm a scientist!).

* there is another one, but it’s in my diary *sob*. If you see her, please bring her back to me.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you want for your diary?

3:41 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

what do i want for my diary? is that like a ransom note, but in reverse?

ummm... i want my diary and... a holiday on the beach where there are mangoes.

what do you want for my diary?

4:06 pm  
Blogger ms fits said...

Is it like a Harriet the Spy diary or love confessions?

This sort of thing could go for big bucks on ebay you know...

4:13 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

appart from everything else that's in there. Yes, sexual confessions, conspiracy theories, stalker notes and the reaction for turning water into a viable fuel source. i just need to know what time my hair dressers appointment is on saturday.

*sob*

*heave*

5:02 pm  
Blogger Lee Lee said...

No, really, I understand the agony of a lost diary. My diary got destroyed in ‘The lap top incident’ and I thought I would die from grief and utter misery. Yours being in paper form though could spell your death by humiliation should it reach the wrong hands.

*pats back* There, there, Sugar.

5:21 pm  
Blogger knifey said...

YOU WERE AT CHERRY ON FRIDAY NIGHT????!!!

I WAS AT CHERRY ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!

WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE OUT!!!!!!

Or at least chat about food tech.
I'm smarter than I look.

I loved this post, by the way.
still can't believe WE WERE BOTH AT CHERRY ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!

2:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear sugar,

oh how i miss thee. i wish i could be at cherry too. i long for the day we reunited over a plate of greasy duck and salty squid.
good luck for da diary finding. hi to mazz (i'm in GREAT need of haircut/colour).

from Afar

ps keep the eve of 18th dec open for some mega beer-drinking reunion thang. must dash, melrose place is about to start (yeah, that's right, nearly everyday too!!)

2:38 am  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

Knifey: wow, we both must be incredibly cool. i mean hangin' out at cherry, on friday night. i was dancing on stage at 4am.
i did pash one guy, was it you?

Afar: 18th locked in. also i've got new years plans for you. it involves a boat.

8:47 am  
Blogger knifey said...

Nope, wasn't me!

Wait, you mean you don't know who it was?
God! That's SO Cherry!

1:38 pm  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

i didn't at the time. i don't really even now. i do have a number though.

it was VERY cherry.

2:01 pm  
Blogger Jordans Nike said...

Cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes, nike free, cheap nike shoes, cheap jordan, cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes for sale, ugg, ugg australia, air jordan shoes, Bags Louis Vuitton, Cheap LV Handbags, Discount LV Handbags, cheap jordan shoes, Cheap Nike jordan shoes, cheap nike jordan shoes, uggs outlet, cheap nike free, discount nike jordans, jordan shoes for cheap, wholesale jordan shoes, ugg soldes, cheap nike free run, cheap jordans, Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags, ugg pas cher, ugg boots, cheap nike air max, Discount Louis Vuitton, uggs on sale

3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home