Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Office Festivities



Me being the high flying Food Technologist that I am, will be attending my first ever sales conference this week. Hot. There'll be cocktail parties at the Rialto and meetings at the Savoy. No expense spared.

I got especially excited with the General Manager and the Chief Financial Officer were both playing the team-building-and-stock-transferral-board-game in my lab yesterday. Which I’ll be looking forward to cheating on on Friday.

But what really takes the cake. What's really the cats' pajamas. What's even better than sliced bread, is that on Friday evening I have my first ever Office Christmas Party. Oh yes.

I’ve attended Office Christmas Parties before for my Dad’s company. But I was allowed to be trashed there, one could almost say encouraged. Then there’s the numerous trash-whore Christmas Parties for various hospitality jobs I’ve had, but they’re in a league of their own.

I think what I’m particularly worried about is that I’m not necessarily very good at saying “no” to alcohol, or much else for that matter. So I’ve got a hunch that I’ll end up pretty freakin’ rotten. Plus it’s free. Psssh, ah-some.

My one saving grace is that there are quite a few ‘corrupt’ employee’s here at my place of work. And quite a few of these are relatively high up on the food chain. I’m hoping that they’ll outshine me.

(I’ve heard stories of boinking on the Boardroom Table and various substances circulating. Although you didn’t hear that from me)

Another problem I face is that there will be a Karaoke machine.

Yep.

With the right splash of ingredients – alcohol, confidence… anything. I’ve got a pretty good chance of ending up there. A lot.

So any requests?




10 Comments:

Blogger Lee Lee said...

Karaoke!

Okay, my request for you is to sing "let's hear it for the boy" from 'Footloose' soundtrack which is MY karaoke song which I am only too happy to loan to you for the night.

Also, I used to be the bar manager at the Savoy. Don't eat the fried canapes as they generally have been sitting in a baine marie (sp?) for an hour before hand.

Have fun and I wanna report. XX

8:16 pm  
Blogger knifey said...

I used to own The Savoy, and concur with Lee Lee.

On a brighter, less hors d'oeuvre related note, I'll give you 50 cents cash if you come back with a photocopy of your buttcrack-nekkid ass for me, and a whole dollar if it has something sticking out of it.

Deal, or no?

3:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sugar, my love

is there a theme to this xmas shindig?
dont pash workmates

from Afar
ps may need to arsk for fave involving me crashing at yours upon my arrival...ive been dreaming about burger.

4:54 am  
Blogger sugar and spice said...

Lee lee: Oh! let's here it for the boys... cool. and thanks for the fried food tip. i used to do catering at the mcg, so i understand the sitting-in-ambient-temperature-for-extended-periods-of-time conundrum. if it's rice, it's even worse.

Knifey: if you wanted a picture of my butt all you had to do was ask. i'll see what i can do

Afar: burger and i would be honoured to have you stay. like totally. how long you back for? wana stay out on the barrier with me on my cruiser? 30th til the 8th. sweet.*jumping and clapping with excitment*

9:52 am  
Blogger Lee Lee said...

Knifey, are you talking Savoy PARK PLAZA or the now defunct Savoy TAVERN?

I was at the SPP. Crazy times dem days, crazy times.

I'm audi! Off to eat too much sour cream at a mexican joint with a Canadian babe!

5:19 pm  
Blogger knifey said...

Yeah, I owned the Savoy Park Plaza.

I also used to own all the other Savoys, in the whole world.

That's why I could afford to buy Clem pink converse hi-tops and dinner, when all we were meant to do was go see a movie.

Does anyone believe a word I say?

Sugar- I'm just glad you're still talking to me- that reply of mine was a biyt risque upon reflection...

5:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear sugar

i'm wery excited about coming home *glee*, but is wery short stay. dont have ticket back here yet, which is not cooh. boat sounds ah-some, but maybe wont be able to hack it til the 8th (leaving around then).

please sing 'she's like the wind' its from the dirty dancing soundtrack. we're crazy for swayze!

from Afar

8:30 pm  
Blogger Lee Lee said...

I believe you Knife and I totally believe IN you!

12:14 pm  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional
Hospitality

Jobs
Resources for hotel and cruise lines if you or your readers

are interested.

8:37 pm  
Blogger Jordans Nike said...

Cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes, nike free, cheap nike shoes, cheap jordan, cheap jordans, wholesale jordan shoes for sale, ugg, ugg australia, air jordan shoes, Bags Louis Vuitton, Cheap LV Handbags, Discount LV Handbags, cheap jordan shoes, Cheap Nike jordan shoes, cheap nike jordan shoes, uggs outlet, cheap nike free, discount nike jordans, jordan shoes for cheap, wholesale jordan shoes, ugg soldes, cheap nike free run, cheap jordans, Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags, ugg pas cher, ugg boots, cheap nike air max, Discount Louis Vuitton, uggs on sale

3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home